Pages

Monday, September 17, 2012

10 Personal Running Questions...

First before you read this, read this Today's First Blog Post since it was my overview of the last few days and I enjoyed writing it.  And to go along the lines of a person that discusses pooping and running.  I once again stole this from the Shut Up and Run blogger SUAR

Here are her 10 questions and my responses in my 6 months of running:

1. Best Run Ever-My first half.  It made me realize I can run 13 miles and still have extra in the tank and I beat my target pace by about 15 seconds a mile and finished in 1:51:51.

2. Three Words that Describe my Running-Exciting, Relaxing, Peaceful

3. My go to Running Outfit-Well, I feel like getting all chicky here since this sounds more for women but I'll say my Nike Running Shorts and a running shirt is all I care about.

4. Quirky Habit While Running-I tend to now drink every two miles so my body is trained for it since that's what most races seem to do is set up water every 2 miles.

5. Morning, Midday, Evening-My wife does not like it but I love to run at nights.  I am in a suburb neighborhood and area where I can run almost any distance and have well lit areas around me.  Only problem is there are coyotes around in some of those areas but I've never actually seen them in the neighborhoods or that close to them.

6. I won't run outside when it's-I have ran in every sort of weather but a cold windy rain doesn't sound like I'd be interested in tackling that day.

7. Worst injury and how I got over it-It's only been 6 months so nothing major but some ITBS tightness that I just rested and stretched/massaged it out.

8. I felt most like a badass mother runner when-I completed my first 13+ mile run from Cedaredge area to Delta.  I also felt like a pussy because it was dark the first half of itin noted bobcat/mountain lion/coyote/bear country.

9. Next race is-Rock Canyon Half in December in Pueblo

10. Potential 2013 Running Goal-Continue improving, cut to under 160 and achieve my first ultimate running goal I joined with my brother and uncle of running a marathon.  Feb 12, 2013 in Myrtle Beach.  Reading about others injuries and sickness worry me though.

No comments:

Post a Comment