Pages

Friday, September 21, 2012

Hello Fall, remembrance and getting remotivated...

I say this having never ran during the fall.  I say this having only began running right as Spring was approaching this year, but I say this because fall is a great time of year.  It is football season, the weather is cooling down a little so I can run anytime from sunrise to night time and not be freezing or burning up during a run.

I will always have a sadness for this time of year due to what happened last year in losing my father-in-law on October 6th.  That day and when there is a cold, strong wind will always bring my spirits down but to be honest, running has helped keep me positive and make me think of more pleasant times with him.  I got done with my run last night and was thinking about the last time I saw him and all the good and bad things of that week.  This next month is not going to be easy for my in-laws but all I can do is be there for them and try to bring some comfort.

I have not been motivated the past couple weeks.  Last week I missed a run.  It was the second run I've missed in 6 months, though the first one I attribute to keeping an injury from occuring with some ITBS issues that were stirring.  Last week I just couldn't find the time or push to say you have to do this.  Last night, I could have, but even though it was late, I needed to get my gear on and hit the pavement.  I believe my run Tuesday at lunch and last night proved to me that I am faster on my marathon pace than I thought or expected I'd be and that once I am out there, I don't want to stop running, I just want to keep going.  To not frighten my wife for being gone for another 30 minutes and to not hurt myself right before I ramp up, I have held back and just ran.

This is my last week of my LIFE running as my Uncle/running mentor/LIFE mentor has put it.  It is what I will be doing as my weekly excercising of roughly 20-24 miles a week.  I have enjoyed it but I think I needed a challenge and ramping up for the last 21 weeks of my training is that challenge to get me out of this flat part of the plateau.  I am ready to start climbing this long mountain to being prepared for my marathon.  I truly believe I will accomplish under 4:00 hours for my marathon and think with my improvement, barring injuries or illness, I will be able to truly have at least a 3:45 as a realistic goal.  Currently just under 4:00 is a realistic goal if I don't improve.  Here's to the last two runs before I go to 5 days a week and at least 30 miles a week!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment