Pages

Monday, December 10, 2012

A weekend without running...

This weekend did not go as planned.  I did not get to 21 miles, I did not pass GO, I did not collect $200 but instead paid much more than that.  I spent this weekend running around holiday shopping, having family time, buying a treadmill and then buying repair stuff around the house for the damage caused on trying to carry in pieces of the treadmill and it dinging walls and scratching laminate flooring.  I am not a happy camper about this.  I am happy that my wife has a tool and no excuse maker staring at her in the corner of the room saying "Run on me Maurice".  I am an outdoor runner, but am sure I'll get some 4 mile runs on it when the day just hasn't gone as I had hoped and I need it. 

Missing my first long run will be short lived but it still weighed on my head as the hours went by yesterday and I knew I was not going to get it done.  I am doing 15-20 miles today after an early exit work day.  I need it.  I am a little disappointed my 21 will have to wait but this week will be a big make-up week.  I will probably stick to 15 today, do a 4 recovery tomorrow, a 5 mile MTY, then my 9 miler Yassos and then a 4 miler before doing 21 before the weekend.  So do I count it as a 50 mile week or just say you don't get that pleasure missing your long run of last week and this goes towards last week?!

No comments:

Post a Comment