Pages

Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Myrtle Beach Marathon countdown...

Okay the countdown is short.  It went from roughly 350 days to just 4!!! I leave in less than 48 hours!  How can I add any more exclamations to emphasize how much of a wreck my mind is in?

Work is crazy busy thus I will try to keep this short.  Add to that I have a seminar tomorrow when I could really use the day in the office. 

The following are things I am stressing about that I think all first time marathoners do and even veterans:

WEATHER!!!-I have been keeping an eye on it since about a month ago.  First it was the farmers almanac.  Then it was the 15 day forecast.  Then it was the 10 day.  Now the 5 day.  The weather has been from mid-40s lows to mid-60 highs.  Then yesterday it was 20+ mph wind and lows in 20s and highs in low 50s.  Then today high 50s with lows in mid 30s at time of race.  I will keep an eye on it but I need to relax and realize I can't control that aspect.  A start of mid to high 30s and not get hotter than 55 during the marathon would be fine by me!   Just stay away wind and low 30s!

Clothing-This ties with the above.  I also am wondering, do I buy a shirt so I can have this outfit that is matching?  That sounded totally non-manly but I don't have to delete that.  I am hoping I only have to wear a shirt and shorts, with a long sleeve I can tie around the waste at max.

Packing-Getting all I need packed.  Will I forget my shoes?  No, I will wear them to the airport.

Running-Can I run 26.2 miles?  I have ran 20 miles 7x during my training.  I've had a 50 mile week.  I've had a few 40 mile weeks.  I know I can, but at 8:35/mi?  Ahhh!!!

Work-So much to do so I will end it with.  I hope I get it figured out but I feel a midnight coming in is part of the day most likely. 

More on Friday from my iPhone after going through the expo and travel!

No comments:

Post a Comment