Pages

Monday, March 4, 2013

The 1-Year Anniversary of the Day that Changed my LIFE..

Yes, March 4th will always be a big day to me.  It is the day I've talked about many times on here, the day my brother asked my Uncle to help him go from sedentary to active again.  It started with my brother asking for help to run a half marathon.  It quickly turned into my Uncle changing it into a marathon and me jumping in.

A year later, I can't believe it was only a year ago.  A year can make a world of difference!  From March 2011 to March 2012 was one of the worse years in my life from with the main ones being losing my father-in-law, Zane, only months after losing someone that was a third parent to me in my Grandma Ventura to just go along with so many down during that time.  It is crazy, but those were the worse twelve months of my life and those were followed up with what have been some of the best twelve months of my life.  My daughter Sophie's birth, my marriage and graduating college were the most important moments in my life, but the past year and me finishing 26.2 miles to top it off were added to that list and bumped graduating college off my Top 3.  It wasn't just about a marathon, it was about changing the person I had become in those dark 12 months.  I still battle through issues from being a father to marriage to so many other things in life, but running has helped change my perspective and made me realize I need to take a step back at times and enjoy these times no matter good or bad.

It's been an amazing year, let's hope the 2nd year is more amazing.  My goals range from improving as a father and husband first, then attain my P.E. (Professional Engineer Liscense) and then run a marthon or two or so where I keep improving on my running.  Got to get over this knee pain, but excited for 2013-14!


And I have found two internet sensations to help make me respect things and laugh more:

One is the hithhiking, hatchet wielding homeless man, Kai that saved some lives Kai's Interview.  He started his interview talking about his incident with some great words of advice:

"No matter what you've done, you deserve respect. Even if you make mistakes, you loveable and it doesn't matter your look, skills or age or size or  anything, you're worthwhile. No one can take that away from you." -Kai, the Homeless Hitchhiker

And then to the Harlem Shake Videos I had heard of but  hadn't watched.  My brother-in-law/best friend Barry showed me the Miami Heat version Miami Heat Harlem Shake (LeBron James is a beast of a man) and was cracking up at that.  Then I saw all these other ones and just found most of them to be captivating.  Planking, Owling, etc. are simply facebook fads, but things like Flash Mobs and silly, crazy dancing videos like the Harlem Shake ones are things I would love to witness in person and be a part of sometime in life.

No comments:

Post a Comment