Pages

Monday, November 19, 2012

89 days from Myrtle Beach Marathon...

This past weekend was a significant one.  It marked less than 90 days until my brother and I join the 1% of the population that will ever do a marathon in their lifetime with my seasoned veteran of an Uncle.  It also marked my brother's first half marathon and abother full marathon for my Uncle.  This one in PA.  My brother's half showed the difficulties experienced in a race, having cramped up just after the 10k mark after waiting for the port-a-potties.  My Uncle is a machine and even with inadequate training ran a comfortable "Training" run of 3:41.  If I can get that time, I will have ran a perfect marathon.  *sigh*  My Sunday run was awesome.  I listened to the end of the Sunday morning football games and caught the entire first half of the Broncos first half.  I ran 16 on Sunday.  I once again missed one of my 4 shorter runs.  It has been my toughest obstacle to get that 5th run in.  The long runs go well and have never been cut short.  This is the week I just do it. Copyrighted by Nike.

No comments:

Post a Comment