Pages

Friday, February 1, 2013

2 Weeks (said like the 1990 Total Recall)...

I've been playing this 2 Weeks clip on youtube 2 WEEKS!!! and in my head over and over since yesterday and will continue it through the weekend.  2 Weeks until my first Marathon in Myrtle Beach, SC!!!  Excited?  Um, yes.  Nervous? Butterflies are flapping and I am crapping.  That is not very adult like but that's alright, I make dumb little jokes.  Most of all, while nervous and excited, after my 20 miler & 16 miler the past two weeks, I am READY!!!  48 weeks ago I weighed over 205 lbs and couldn't run 2 miles without feeling completely spent.  I actually ran 2 miles ago 48 weeks ago with my brother and Uncle (my Uncle did 2 more because as my blog has said he is a marathon runner many times over).  My brother and I did the 2 and we were spent.  My back hurt for the next few days.  But we know all of this (if you've read the rest of my boring blogs)!  So, back to what's ahead and how I feel.

The last two long runs were great.  My knee wasn't being dragged along like it had the month and a half before where I was dealing with ITBS issues off and on and then on for 3 weeks straight.  My knee didn't hurt, my pace was comfortable and most of all, I finished both of those runs and felt like I could have ran an additional 10-15 miles at that pace, around 9:45/mi.  Then to add to those great long runs, my short runs and speed work have been perfect the last 3 weeks.  I have been hitting my Yasso pace with a couple extra seconds to spare and been running really well at Marathon pace.  I say all this and this week I once again am in a rut and my running schedule is piled to the end of the week.  I believe this is because I am so focused on the marathon but also work is a bitch right now.  There is a lot of little projects to get out and I don't feel like I should escape for 40 minutes.  It also cooled down and got a little breezy and high 30s and breezy is worse that 20s and calm.  Oh well, I will get my runs in today and the next 2 days and then I only  have 4 runs scheduled the next two weeks (of course the last one is 26.2 miles).  My total mileage before the marathon after this weekend is 27 miles. 27 miles?  I've done that in less than 24 hours on a couple double up weekend runs.

Bring on my last double digit run this weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment