Pages

Monday, January 21, 2013

Last 20 miler and the start of taper...

I ran 20 miles Saturday.   It was the most elevation I've done for a run other than my downhill half and downhill half prep.  The thing is, I would have walked the last couple miles in weeks past.  This week I still had plenty of juice in the tank by the time I finished.  It was an amazing day.  It was warm, it was amazing compared to so many weeks past and especially last week.  I honestly had the  best week of running I've had yet and it happened at the right time.  It came right before the taper.  I really don't consider this week a taper since the mid 30s for miles is something only a marathoner would do.  Next week I will officially cheer.  Here's to great health and the revival of Yassos this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment