Pages

Monday, January 7, 2013

Lent/40 Days for Myrtle Beach Marathon...

I've decided I am starting a modified Lent 2013 today.  My 40 Days begins a little early this year.  It starts today. Well, this is my first official 40 Days I am forgoing something... well at least by choice since some things are out of our control.  Today is 40 Days until Myrtle Beach.  Ever since I got to 165 in mid-September, I have been overeating at times to make up for the negative feedback to my rapid weight loss and the belief I should just maintain this weight for awhile and then Halloween to New Years occurred.  I have been using this all as a crutch to keep consuming chocolate far more than a person should (my guess is at times 1000-1500 calories in a sitting) and taking a once a week visit to Taco Bell to consume 1500-2500 calories in a sitting and drinking a pop or two.  I say to myself, you've already burned it off, what's it hurt to eat that?   Well, I set a goal to get down around 155 for the Marathon because I knew that'd help me with not carrying that extra weight.  I can tell the difference in a long run weighing 168 and 163, so I am sure 163 to 158 would have a similar effect. 

Therefore, to help me get to the line at no more than 158 at Myrtle Beach, I am deciding to forego the following things for the next 40 Days:
  • Chocolate (though a Reese's on a long run is a huge boost and for debate)
  • Soda (though I am allowing the Cola flavored energy chews since those seem to have helped me with some calories the last couple weeks)
  • Fast Food (If it's not Subway or Panera, I don't want it since I can't get under 1000 calories)
By the way, the weather let up during yesterday's run and will for the next few days.  It feels great running in shorts and only wearing a light jacket with a Tech-T.  I have really dreaded some of my runs the last few weeks with no highs above the 30s for most of the last 2.5-3 weeks.  Unfortunately after Thursday, it looks like the cold is back but beggers can't be choosers.

No comments:

Post a Comment