Pages

Wednesday, January 2, 2013

The Inevitable Injury...

I have had soreness that goes away and doesn't inhibit my ability to run.  Unfortunately, since my 1000th mile a couple days after Christmas, things just haven't been feeling the same.   I had been experiencing some foot and knee pain here and there.  Well, now it's every time I run.  My long run was absolutely brutal this past Sunday.  I ran slower than I have for a long run since the single digits were my long run and I was 20 lbs heavier.  My knee just would not respond and I did not want to push it.  Monday, I tried to do some marathon pace running with tempo.  After halfway of my 5 miler, I slowed it down and ran slightly slower than marathon pace.

I am toning down the miles and pace until I feel good for a few days.  I'll probably run closer to +30 seconds on my paces the next couple weeks.  I am also cutting down my long run by 3 miles this week on advice of my running mentor (Uncle) and feel ready for Myrtle Beach, just want to make sure I don't cause issues for that day so no need to push it.

The good news is my knee feels better today and did after my 5 miler, but the bad news is that when I walk down stairs or turn it outward at all, it has a quick sharp pain and lets me know it's still there.   We'll see how it goes when I run today.

No comments:

Post a Comment